Friday, December 6, 2013

Vitamins, Food, and a Little Bit of Everything Else...


 So this week has been for the birds. Between The Engineer being away and a few other things, I just can't wait to say "see ya" to this week. I've been eating for one all week, so my food choices have been interesting. Most nights, I try to make nice, well-balanced meals for us. This week that went flying out the window. Pretty sure Ive been eating the same Subway sandwich for about 4 days now. Tonight, I switched it up a bit though.

I went down to Whole Foods on my lunch hour to pick up some groceries and lunch from the hot bar! --Just FYI, never, I repeat, never go to Whole Foods on payday before you have eaten lunch. BADDDDD decision. I ended up with a taco salad (which looks like a half-eaten blob because I ate half for lunch). I also had a tiny scoop of their mac'n'cheese. I know, I know, carbs!!! I am pretty good about not eating carbs, but I couldn't resist. And ya know what?? It was DELICIOUS!!!

                                       **ATTENTION ALL BARIATRIC PATIENTS**

You see that nasty thing on the side of my mouth? Kinda looks like a cold sore?? Yeah, ewwww! It is a fissure that I got due to lack of proper vitamin and water consumption. Yet another reason why it is SO important for us to make sure we are getting enough water, vitamins, and healthy/fresh foods. I am a bit notorious for not taking meds well. Fortunately, this has improved a very tiny bit since my surgery, mostly out of my fear of ever having to experience a potassium infusion. OUCHHHH!! Unfortunately, it hasn't improved enough. I really need to make sure I take my vitamins every day. Luckily, this time, my MD gave me a vitamin injection and just told me to get more water in my system. Vitamins--THEY'RE IMPORTANT!!

I do not have too much else for this post, so I will leave you with some pics from our wonderful Thanksgiving up at my future in-laws and a few from my decorating extravaganza this past week. :)




                                                             Isn't he the cutest??!?!?!


                             My future mother in law's home made pickles...A-MA-ZING!!






No comments:

Post a Comment