Saturday, December 28, 2013

Hungry Hungry Hippos

That's the only way I can think of how to correctly describe my day. I have been SO hungry all day long. Don't know if this is post holiday "carb fest" cravings or what, but it's been rough to be good with how hungry I am.

Breakfast
One VERY ugly omelet. As you can see, I failed miserably when I tried flipping the egg on to itself. Oops! Still tasted yummy. I used leftover ham from Christmas and some veggies.

Lunch
I have been craving cheese and pizza lately, so I made up a low carb pizza. Spray a frying pan well. Place 1/4c shredded cheese down in a circle. Let it fry up and get crunchy. Flip then top with sauce and a little more cheese. Not exactly gourmet, but delicious anyway. :)

Snack
I ate a cup of Skinny Pop about an hour after lunch, hoping it would fill my tummy a bit more. Love this stuff. Unfortunately, I was STILL hungry, so about 1/2 hour after the Skinny Pop I killed a ton of baby carrots...
I love carrots because they taste great, give me the "crunch" I am usually looking for in a snack and they have the added bonus of being a "free" food (meaning you can eat and eat without tracking the calories--so says my dietitian). Eat up!

Dinner
I didn't snap a pic of my dinner, but it wasn't exciting anyway. After grocery shopping, I stopped at Wendy's and grabbed us a quick dinner. I had a 1/4lb cheeseburger with no bun or mayo. Yum! Beef!

I bought some yummy stuff at the grocery store and am looking forward to sharing some fun, new, protein packed recipes this week!


I didn't work out yesterday or today because I have been pretty sore. Our apartment complex parking lot was a sheet of ice yesterday morning and I fell not only once, but twice! I am bruised up and feeling some kind of injury in my right hip, so I am trying to take it easy until I get better. Hopefully I will feel well enough to use my Christmas presents from The Engineer tomorrow--Wii Fit and Wii Zumba!!! SO fun!


Have a safe and Happy New Year. Please make sure to have a designated driver if you plan on hitting the streets for the holiday. Better safe than sorry!

 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Stacie---
    Congratulations on your success! I have responded to your comment on my blog. I hope you'll use the "weight loss surgery" tag to read my other posts on the issue. I'm sure you'll get a better sense of what I'm about. Just click my name below!

    Thanks and I wish you light & strength in the New Year!
    Dagny Kight

    ReplyDelete