Monday, March 17, 2014

A Very Bold and Terrifying Move..

So it has been forever since I have even logged in to my blog to check stats and such.. Wow.. Time flies when you're going to school and working full time. Ugh!

This semester has been nothing short of a living hell and I can't wait for it to be over in May. I feel like it has been sucking the life out of me. I have also been seriously slacking on exercise, which is terrible because I have my first 5k in June.
I am SUPER excited, but really need to start training again.

If you follow me outside of the blog via Instagram or Facebook, you would have already picked up on the fact that I have been experiencing some MAJOR dental issues this past week. If there is anything I absolutely hate about having a gastric bypass, it is that we cannot take Ibuprofen or any other NSAIDS post op. NSAIDS eat away at your stomach lining and when you have a teenie, tiny tummy... No good!

This leaves us with Tylenol (acetaminophen) or narcotics. I ended up leaving work early twice last week because the pain was THAT bad and Tylenol just wasn't kicking it. It was miserable. At one point, last Tuesday, the pain was so bad that even my prescription wasn't touching it. Thankfully, I was put on a second antibiotic that seems to be healing it up. My mouth still hurts after I eat, but it isn't a constant throb like last week. Man, do I miss Ibuprofen. In my opinion, it works even better than the hard stuff without the loopy feeling. I got so desperate at one point last week that I DID take an ibuprofen (against the many warnings from my fiance) and ended up with a mouth that felt better and a terrible stomach ache.. womp womp! #liveandlearn

WEIGHT LOSS 
**IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE MY STOMACH WITH EXCESS SKIN, STOP READING NOW**

Anyway... A little update on the weight loss and my eats lately (there isn't much in the way of exercise to talk about). So after battling with 3 pounds for what seemed like FOREVER, I finally hit my first big goal of having lost 100lbs from my highest weight. Yay!! I still have about 70+ lbs to go, so I can't party too much yet, but The Engineer did restock my closet with new clothes that actually fit me. Thanks, Boo Boo! You're the best! 

So now is the point where I get very brave. I am truly nervous about this and have debated over and over about the pic I am about to share. I have *officially* lost 103.7 lbs and have only done it with the inspiration I continually get from others who have done the same thing. I am always curious about what people's bodies look like post major weight loss, so I am going to share a side view of my abdomen. I notice a difference, you may or may not. All I ask is for kindness, please. This is very, very hard for me, but since I love seeing other people's pictures, I am sure some of you are interested in what a stomach looks like after having lost 100+ lbs. It is very clear in the pic that I still have fat to lose, but unfortunately a lot of what you see is pure skin that I can pull out inches in front of my body. 

In all of the contemplating I did over whether to post this picture or not, it occurred to me how much I am worrying about offending people, yet if I were a skinny mini in a bikini, it would be nothing. Funny how we think of over weight people in society these days. At any rate, there it is.. My body. My greatest enemy. My project.
                                                                         FOOD

Since  I haven't been blogging lately, I have been skimping on meal pics (other than what I post on Instagram). While making my lunch for tomorrow, I snapped a pic because it is an epic salad. I have been eating all mushy food lately because of my tooth. It will be nice to have some crunchy, fresh greens back in my diet.

I picked up a rotisserie chicken at the super market today and used some of it for this salad. It consists of romaine lettuce, carrots, cucumbers, grape tomatoes, parm cheese, and a very ripe avocado. Can't wait to pour some balsamic on this baby tomorrow!

Have a great evening and Happy St. Patrick's Day to all of the Irish and "Irish" out there!











2 comments:

  1. I think it's great of you to post pictures! You look great! As women we are so overly concerned about what other people think, but just the fact that we are women makes us beautiful! I like you have lost 100+ pounds and have similar skin issues. I'm working on it daily, that's all I can do. I'd rather have the bit of skin than the 100 pounds any day! Keep up the good work, be proud and I hope your tooth feels better! Thank you again for sharing. Bravery is beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yolanda!
      Thank you SO much! I cannot agree with you more! I would take skin over fat any day of the week! You look amazing as well! Wow! Yes, It is funny how we are so concerned with other people's thoughts. I ended up posting it because I know how interested in other peoples pictures I am, so I am sure someone else out there may be curious about mine. I am so glad I did it! :) Thank you for reading!!

      Delete