Sunday, April 1, 2012

The Start of Something New...

Well, hello all! Welcome to My Couch. My Blanket. My Life.

This blog is going to be a new journey for me. My boyfriend, we'll call him "The Engineer", and I have talked about me writing one for a couple months and now just seems to be the time.


                                                               "The Engineer" and I 


 This blog is going to be about my life, my career, and the experiences I have in both. Some are challenging and some are just plain hilarious, but they will all be coming from on under my favorite, old, blue, blanket... "Old Blue". 

"Old Blue" <3

I moved to the area less than a year ago to pursue a career for a large non-profit company, as well as nursing school. So far the first has taken over my life and school has not happened. I live with a wonderful, successful man that has been my rock since I came out here. You guessed it... "The Engineer". I won't get into our story on here, but I will just say it's cheesy love! 


AWWWWWWW!

<3

The name of this blog stems from my unhealthy relationship with an old, blue, ratty blanket that I couldn't even tell you the history of. It belonged to The Engineer (I claimed it) and who knows before that. I just love the thing. There is nothing better than a worn in, soft, thin, but thick enough to keep you warm comforter from back in the day. 

Anybody have anything old that others can't stand, but you think is just great?? 

The Engineer absolutely hates Old Blue and always has something to say (usually hilarious) every time I drag it out of our room and to the couch... which seemingly happens every day of our lives. I plan on keeping this thing until I am sewing pieces of it back together. I guess you can just call me Linus from Peanuts. I'll never give Old Blue up!!




I am going to try and post every day, but being the non-profit gives me awful work schedules, I will only commit myself to "as much as I can". Hoping to get some readers and more experience that will help me become a little better at this. I am sure anyone who sees this will literally "laugh out loud" when they read the unorganized craziness of my very first blog post! Thank you to all who end up reading this and I am looking forward to more, fun, exciting posts to put on here! 

Goodnight!




                                                                                                  


2 comments:

  1. Hi Stacie, LOVE the blog! Keep up the good work and I look forward to reading more.
    Love you,
    Mama Stuffer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mama Stuffer! Love you, too! I am so sorry for taking so darn long to reply! I'm trying to gain some diligence with this, but I gues it's a work in progress! haha Thanks for reading! :) <3

    ReplyDelete