Wednesday, March 19, 2014

What I Ate Wednesday!

I haven't shared much of what I have been eating lately, so this post is going to focus mostly on my eats from today.

Breakfast

I have had the biggest loveeeeeee of any and all nut butters lately. While grocery shopping this past week, I saw that individual packets of Justin's were on sale 4 for $5. Not a huge difference, but enough for me to buy a few flavors I haven't tried yet. This morning, I tried the Justin's Vanilla Almond Butter on 2 whole grain waffles. I can say out of all the butters I have tried, this one was not my favorite. It was good, but I am not a huge vanilla fan. It almost tasted like coconut. I prefer the Justin's Maple or Honey Almond Butter.

Lunch 

Looks a little gross, but I swear it is HEAVENLY! I found a recipe for a ricotta bowl on a fellow gastric bypass patient's Instagram account. I took her awesome idea and modified it to my personal tastes. Yummo and full of protein!

Cottage Cheese Bowl

1/4 c. fat free cottage cheese
2 TBS gravy (I use Heinz Pork gravy)
1 TBS grated Parmesan cheese
3 Morning Star Chx Nuggets

Mix first three ingredients in bowl. Bake nuggets night before (when you microwave them, they get gummy). When ready to eat, microwave bowl for 1 minute then stir in chopped up chicken nuggets. Enjoy! SO SO good!

212 calories
18 grams protein

Snack

 
 I was feeling muchy after work and planned on making honey mustard salmon for dinner, so I snacked on a handful of Smartpop. Ok, two handfuls... Don't judge me. lol

So after all of my "dental drama" from last week, I thought I was finally done and just waiting for my crown appointment on the 24th. WRONG! I finished up my antibiotic on Monday and was feeling great, but all of a sudden, woke up with mouth pain again today. I tried ignoring it, but then had a fever and chills by this afternoon and got a little worried. (If you didn't know, the infection had already spread to my jaw bone, which makes it pretty serious.) I called my dentist and he asked me to come in this evening because he wanted to take more x-rays. I decided to eat a mug of cereal in case he decided to numb me up (I totally can't chew at all when I am numb, so dinner would be a no-go). Well, went to the dentist, got x-rays, and found out not only did the infection spread even further down my jaw (while I was on some seriously strong antibiotics), but it had already started eating away at the bottom of my tooth...For realz!????? Come on dude! SO over this dentist thing! Needless to say, my dentist is very concerned and now referring me to an oral surgeon... :(

Dinner 

When I finally got home from the dentist office, I was a bit hungry again (probably due to the lack of protein in my pre-appt choice of cereal). I decided to make a low carb, low fat, cheese quesadilla. Tasted so yummy! Now I am stuffed and ready for bed.

Hopefully I can get all of this dental crap out of the way soon. It's been making me feel so yucky lately. I just don't have it in me to go to the gym. Maybe I can get myself to do some Wii Zumba tomorrow. That always cheers me up!

Good night! Only 2 more "wake-ups" till the weekend!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment